Tuesday, November 3, 2015

So I'm Blogging Again

After 15 years out of graduate school and nearly a decade of not blogging, I've decided to take up blogging again as a way of working out ideas as I pursue a bachelor's degree in history at Southern New Hampshire University, where I have taught as an adjunct in the Literature Department for a couple of years.

To some extent, I've been studying history for a long time already. In 2000, I was invited to become a board member of the Holocaust History Project, which was established by the late Harry W. Mazal, OBE, to aid Prof. Deborah Lipstadt of Emory University in defending herself against a spurious libel suit brought against her by David Irving for her having stated in her book Denying the Holocaust that Irving is a Holocaust denier. (She won.) I had apparently attracted the attention of some of the existing board members debating Holocaust deniers in Usenet.

Since then, I earned something of a reputation as a person who refutes (and fights with) Holocaust deniers. I'm now reformed (more or less), and when I feel the need to respond to deniers, I'll do so here, perhaps simu-blogging over at Holocaust Controversies, where last I blogged. But I'll also be using this blog to post assignments for my coursework (once graded), respond to stuff I'm reading, etc. So if that kind of things interests you, then please come back.

Stuff I'm Reading:
The Indians in American Society, Francis Paul Prucha
Finland's War of Choice, Henrik O. Lunde
Hitler's Spanish Legion, Gerald R. Kleinfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment